Hi everyone! Last week we had guests over and my mom asked me to make a dessert. I decided to make a chocolate-coffee cake which is a dense cake with a strong mocha and chocolate flavor. Instead of making this cake in a normal cake pan, I made this cake in a bundt shaped cake pan. If you do not want to bake a bundt shaped cake, you can easily bake this cake in an 8 or 9 in. cake pan.
Because of the slight bitterness of the coffee, this cake is best served with vanilla ice cream. If you would like the recipe you can look below the pictures for directions and ingredients on how to make this cake (or cupcakes).
Our guests really enjoyed this cake and so did my family. Hope you like it!
Here are a few shots of the cake I took:
Makes 1 8in. Or 9in. Cake
Makes about 15 cupcakes
2 sticks of organic unsalted butter
1 cup of granulated sugar
4 organic eggs
1 cup of organic all purpose flour
2 tsp. of baking powder
¼ cup of Nescafe instant coffee
¼ cup of unsweetened cocoa powder
¼ of a tsp. of kosher sea salt
2 tsp. of pure vanilla extract
1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. Grease your pan with butter or cooking spray.(Line cupcake liners if making cupcakes)
2. With an electric mixer, beat butter until white and creamy. Then add sugar mixing well until the mixture is light and fluffy.
3. Then add eggs one at a time beating at medium-high speed.
4. In another medium sized bowl, combine flour, baking powder, Nescafe instant coffee, unsweetened cocoa, and salt. Whisk until there are no lumps.
5. Add the flour mixture a little bit at a time, beating well after each addition.
6. Finally add the vanilla extract and beat until all of the ingredients are well incorporated.
7. Pour batter into prepared pan and bake for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick is inserted into the cake comes out clean.
*Most of the ingredients I use are organic and it makes a big difference in taste for the cake, but you may use non-organic ingredients if you prefer