This week, I baked delicious, mouth watering, melted chocolate and powdered sugar topped cream puffs!
Typically, Cream Puffs look very delicate, professional, and to some they also look pretty challenging to make.
But I am here to tell you that I made these cream puffs from scratch and it was loads of fun as well. Easy Peasy!
But seriously, I was surprised to see how easy they were to make.
The cream puff have two main parts, pate á choux puffs and delicious homemade custard pastry cream. Pair these together and your life is complete.
The pate á choux dough takes basic ingredients like butter, eggs, flour, and water. The pastry cream filling that I made can easily be replaced with a variety of fillings like sweetened whipped cream or ice cream.
You can top the cream puffs with melted chocolate and powdered sugar like I did, or with something different like fresh fruits.
These are delicious pastries that will impress everyone!
If you enjoy reading posts like this and would like to get updated whenever I post something new, please follow my blog by typing in your email in the “Follow The Baking Owl” box on the right ->->.
Also to watch tutorials on how to make many delicious treats, subscribe to my YouTube channel – TheBakingOwl!
Thanks for reading! 😉
Pate á Choux
8 tbs of unsalted butter
1 tsp salt
2 tsp of granulated sugar
½ cup of water
½ cup of milk
1 cup of all-purpose flour
1. In a pot bring butter, salt, sugar, water, and milk to a boil.
2. Turn of the heat. With a wooden spoon, stir in flour until mixture forms a smooth dough.
3. Turn heat back on to high and stir mixture for a minute or two. Dump dough into a medium sized bowl and let cool for about 15 minutes at room temperature.
4. While the dough is cooling, crack eggs in a small separate bowl and whisk eggs slightly.
5. When dough is cooled, add beaten eggs a little bit at a time stirring well after each addition. (When you add the egg, at first the mixture will not seem to mix, but if you keep mixing, the mixture will come together)
6. After eggs are mixed in, the pate á choux is done. Place a couple tablespoons worth of batter on a parchment lined baking tray for each cream puff.
7. Place tray into a 375 degree oven for about 25 minutes or until cream puffs are golden brown.
8. Let puffs cool before cutting in half and filling with your filling of choice.