Hey everyone! I have yet another delicious and healthy dessert!
Here is my raw vegan cherry cheesecake!
This is a delectable dessert with mouthwatering layers that will never make you guess that this is all raw and vegan.
This means that this is a “no bake” dessert and it also means you can eat as many slices as you want without feeling guilty.Not only is this tasty and healthy, but also so easy.
For this recipe you need a 6 inch springfoam pan. I looked in all the local stores but couldn’t find the pan anywhere, so I decided to improvise. I found this 6 inch metal ring at my local cake supply store that worked just fine for me. Because there was no bottom like a springform pan, I just used my serving platter as the base.
This dessert has three main layers. The bottom layer (crust) is made up of walnuts, dates, and figs. The middle layer is made with banana and cashews with cinnamon and cherry blended in making it a swirl ice creamy mixture. The top is a thin layer of a finger-licking cherry glaze.
To make the crust, you basically just put the ingredients into a food processor and process away until you get a mixture that sticks together. First, you put the mixture firmly into a 6 inch springform pan.
Next, I made the cashew “milk”. Which I basically made by soaking cashews in raw organic coconut water for a few hours, and then placing both the cashews and coconut water in a high speed blender like a Vitamix and blending until a creamy milk mixture was formed. Then I added a few other ingredients like frozen bananas, a vanilla bean and cinnamon, and mixed until they were all nicely blended. I then poured the mixture into a bowl and placed the bowl into the freezer for 30 minutes to get a semi – frozen consistency similar to ice cream.
Then I made the cherry glaze by blending cherries and dates in the blender. Next, I took out the bowl from the freezer and poured some of the cherry glaze on top of the banana and cashew mixture. With a spatula, I swirled the two mixtures together and poured it on top of the crust and placed the whole thing into the freezer until the banana cherry mixture firmed up.
Then, I poured the rest of the cherry glaze on top and decorated the top with more cherries and froze the whole thing overnight.
Now the tricky part was sliding the metal ring from the cheesecake. But luckily a good friend and fellow blogger, Notes From A Slacker, told me a very cool tip she uses for these types of situations. She told me to run a hair dryer on the metal ring to thaw it a bit and this worked perfectly! I will surely be using this idea again.
Once the ring is off, just cut the cake into slices and enjoy!
If you enjoy reading posts like this and would like to get updated whenever I post something new, please follow my blog by typing in your email in the “Follow The Baking Owl” box on the right ->->.
Also to watch tutorials on how to make many delicious treats, subscribe to my YouTube channel – TheBakingOwl!
Thanks for reading! 😉
Raw Vegan Cherry Cheesecake
Makes 1 6 in. cake
1 cup of walnuts soaked in water overnight
¾ cup of pitted dates
1 cup of dried figs
“Cheesecake” Filling Ingredients:
2 cups of cashews soaked in coconut water overnight
4-5 frozen bananas
½ tbsp. Of ground cinnamon
½ of a vanilla bean
Cherry Glaze Ingredients:
1 ½ lbs. Of pitted cherries
½ lb. Of pitted dates
Cherries to decorate
1. For the crust, place ingredients into food processor and process until a crumbly, but sticky consistency is reached. Press crust mixture into 6 inch springform pan.
2. Place cashews with coconut water into a high speed blender like Vtamix and blend until a creamy milk mixture is formed.
3. Then add other cheesecake filling ingredients and blend until everything is combined. Then pour into bowl and place into freezer.
4. In Vitamix, places cherries and dates and blend until a smooth, thin mixture is formed.
5. Take bowl out from freezer and pour some of the cherry glaze on top and swirl together.
6. Pour swirled mixture into pan over the crust and place in freezer until firm.
7. Then pour remaining cherry glaze on top and decorate with cherries.
8. Freeze cheesecake for at least 6 hours.
9. Take cheesecake out, pull off the sides, and cut into slices.