Yet another healthy but equally delicious dessert. I don’t know about you, but I can go for homemade oatmeal chocolate chip cookies anytime of the day.
These cookies are so chewy and you would never believe that there was no processed or refined sugar in them. Also, there’s no dairy or white flour in it as well, instead, I combined whole wheat and coconut flour.
These guilt free treats are great with a tall glass of milk or just by themselves. You won’t stop munching on them (believe me, I tried :))
I have actually made oatmeal chocolate chip cookies in the past, but my new recipe is a lot healthier for those who are health conscious.
The shredded coconut gives the cookies a nice texture and also a really good slightly coconutty taste. I also use mini dark chocolate chips so that you get more chocolate in every bite! I also sprinkled a couple chocolate chips on top before baking.
If you enjoy reading posts like this and would like to get updated whenever I post something new, please follow my blog by typing in your email in the “Follow The Baking Owl” box on the right ->->.
Also to watch tutorials on how to make many delicious treats, subscribe to my YouTube channel – TheBakingOwl!
Thanks for reading! 😉
Healthy Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
Makes about 15 cookies
1 cup of instant oats*
1/2 cup of whole wheat flour
1/4 cup of coconut flour
1/4 cup of unsweetened shredded coconut
1 1/2 tsp. of baking powder
3/4 tsp. of cinnamon
1/2 cup of maple syrup
1 tsp. of pure vanilla extract
2 tbs. of melted coconut oil
1 large egg
pinch of salt
1/8 cup of mini chocolate chips + more for tops of cookies (dark or semi-sweet)
1. Preheat your oven to 325 degrees F. Line cookie tray with parchment paper or silicone mat.
2. Whisk together whole wheat flour, coconut flour, oats, baking powder, cinnamon and salt in a medium sized bowl.
3. Mix coconut oil, vanilla, and egg in a large bowl. Then whisk in maple syrup.
4. Stir flour mixture into coconut oil mixture.
5. Fold in shredded coconut and mini chocolate chips.
6. Take about 2 tbs. of cookie dough for each cookie and make little mounds and place on cookie sheet. Press down slightly on cookie dough balls. If you’d like, press extra mini chocolate chips on top.
7. Make sure each cookie is about 1 inch apart on the tray and bake for about 15 minutes.
8. Let cool completely before eating.