I’m back with another breakfast recipe. Of course this can also be a great afternoon snack or even a great midnight snack for that matter (don’t worry, I won’t judge).
Also did I mention you won’t be as guilty eating these? Yup, there is absolutely no white flour. I used sprouted whole wheat flour instead.
These muffins are exceptionally fluffy and irresistible (just ask my mom, she wouldn’t leave any muffins for the rest of us ;)).
There’s also a mild chocolate flavor and a kick of coffee. It’s basically anything you could ever wish for in a breakfast.
A long time ago I had posted a recipe for my chocolate coffee cake. This recipe is similar, with a few differences.
Try them out and tell me what you think of them 🙂 (warning: they are highly addictive)
If you enjoy reading posts like this and would like to get updated whenever I post something new, please follow my blog by typing in your email in the “Follow The Baking Owl” box on the right ->->.
Also to watch tutorials on how to make many delicious treats, subscribe to my YouTube channel – TheBakingOwl!
Thanks for reading! 😉
Whole Wheat Chocolate Coffee Muffins
Makes about 12 muffins
2 sticks of unsalted butter
1 1/4 cup of sprouted whole wheat flour
2 tbs. of instant coffee
3 tbs. of unsweetened cocoa powder
2 tsp. of baking powder
1/4 tsp. of salt
1 1/2 tsp. of pure vanilla extract
1 cup of granulated sugar
2 large eggs
1. Preheat your oven to 325 degrees F. Line cupcake tray with cupcake liners.
2. Whisk together whole wheat flour, cocoa, instant coffee, baking powder, and salt in a medium sized bowl.
3. In a large bowl, whip the butter and sugar on high for about 2 to 3 minutes with an electric mixer or a stand mixer.
4. Add in eggs one at a time, mixing well.
5. Add in flour mixture a little bit at a time being careful not to over mix.
6. Beat in vanilla extract.
7. Spoon batter into cupcake tray. Fill cupcake liners all the way to the top with batter, so that you can get bakery style muffin tops.
8. Bake in oven for about 25 minutes or until the tops spring back when touched.
9. Once baked, let cool before eating.