I think you guys can guess from the title that what I’m about to show you is going to be very tempting.
These are s’mores popcorn squares (or rectangles, whatever).
Aaaand, I just figured out you can change the color of the text. This is going to be fun.
Anyways, these guilty pleasures are a cross between your traditional s’mores and just plain microwavable popcorn.
They’re basically the best things EVER.
Just ask my friend who had like three of them in a row. I mean you can’t really go wrong with it.
To make these, you first need to make the crust which is fairly simple. Just use melted butter, crushed graham crackers, and a bit of sugar. Mix ’em up and press into a baking dish and bake for about 17 minutes. After the crust is baked and before it cools, sprinkle your chocolate chips all over the top and watch as they quickly start to get all gooey and delicious. Once the melted chocolate chip layer is done, you need to pop some popcorn.
I used this organic lightly salted microwavable popcorn. Next, you melt a bag of marshmallows in a bowl.
Now, fold in the popcorn into the melted marshmallows. Spread this mixture over the chocolate layer and refrigerate for a couple hours before cutting into squares.
It’s that easy.
I have to admit, these yummy delights can get a bit messy to eat. The crust might break a bit but that’s perfectly okay cause that’s part of the fun. Getting all of the marshmallowy, chocolatey, graham crackery (my word making game is on point today ;)) goodness all over your hands.
These are sooo yummy! I highly recommend try these out, especially during the summer. Kids will love it!
If you enjoy reading posts like this and would like to get updated whenever I post something new, please follow my blog by typing in your email in the “Follow The Baking Owl” box on the right ->->.
Also to watch tutorials on how to make many delicious treats, subscribe to my YouTube channel – TheBakingOwl!
Thanks for reading! 😉
S’mores Popcorn Squares
10-12 oz. of marshmallows (I used mini)
1 stick + 3 tbs. of unsalted butter
18 graham crackers
1 bag (or 12 oz) of semi sweet chocolate chips
1 3 oz. bag of microwavable popcorn
3 tbs. of white sugar
1/2 tsp. of pure vanilla extract (optional)
1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and line a baking dish with a long piece of parchment paper that hangs over the sides of the dish, so that it’s easier to pull out the finished dessert.
2. Put graham crackers into a big ziplock bag and using something heavy like a rolling pin, crush crackers into fine crumbs. You can also use a food processor.
3. Melt 1 stick plus only 2 tbs of butter and mix with graham cracker crumbs. Add sugar.
4. Press mixture into your prepared pan and bake for about 17 minutes.
5. While baking, pop popcorn and then let cool. Them melt marshmallows with remaining tablespoon of butter. If you’d like, stir in vanilla extract into melted marshmallows.
6. Once crust is baked, while it’s still warm, sprinkle chocolate chips all over. When chocolate chips are almost completely melted, use a spatula to spread chocolate into spaces not covered with chocolate and smooth out.
7. In the bowl with your melted marshmallows, fold in popcorn until popcorn is completely coated.
8. When chocolate is partially set, spread popcorn mixture evenly. Put pan into the fridge for a couple of hours or until it’s set.
9. Once set, using the parchment overhang, take out the set layers and using a sharp knife, cut into squares. I like to wipe my knife with a clean paper towel between each cut.
PS: Are you a s’mores lover? Then check out this s’mores chocolate chip cookie cake I made!